Holidayhouse in Saint-Cirgues-la-Loutre
(Corrèze) - Dordogne Region
The house is in the heart of
the countryside, situated in an undulating and wooded landscape with many
rivers, favourable for fishing and excursions.
Close by are the ruins of
«Tours de Merle », medieval castle where there are « sound and
light » presentations over the summer.
The house is located in the
wonderful Dordogne valley, 43 km from the village of Salers, which is placed at the foot of the Massif Central or mountains or Monts du Cantal ; moreover about
100 km away are the famous caves
« Lascaux », not forgetting the ski-station «Super Lioran » (1350 m - 1850 m altitude), about
85 km away.
- for 6 to 8 people
- situation in the hamlet
« Jougounoux », located among 10 houses on the same hill - with view of the valley and village
« Saint-Cirgues-la-Loutre » (230 habitants) 800 m away -
altitude : 480 m
- house in a style typical of the region,
freshly renovated, with 800 m² garden
- living and diningroom : very nice and typical of the region about 40 m² with
chimney or « cantou » with chairs inside and « souillarde »
(a stone vault in the past used as storage space for example butter). The
room has typical furniture styled from the region. 2 benches, 1 big long table,
1 buffet (side-board), 1 colour TV, 1 DVD player, 1 sofa-bed for 2 people.
- separated kitchen 12 m² : 4 chairs, 1 table, 3
cupboards, 1 fridge, 1 dish washer, 1 electrical and 3 gas hot plates , 1
oven, 1 coffee machine, 1 mixer, 1 fryer, 1 stew pan, 1 pan, several cooking
pots, 1 pressure-cooker, 1 microwave.
- 3 bedrooms : 2 beds for 2 people (140 x 190) + 2 beds for one
person (90 x 190) + 1 cot (until 4 years old)
- 2 bathrooms : WC, wash stands, showers
- Devices : 1 washingmachine, 1 iron, 1 hoover, electrical heating, chimney, wood stove,
garden furniture, barbecue, children games (basket, baby swimming pool, swing,
- fishing in the river 200 m away, or in many other rivers and lakes
- excursions and mountainbiking on the forest paths
- on 18 hole golf course, one of the best in France
- canoing on the Dordogne (many possibilities for hiring)
- many cultural attractions in the region.
|- horse riding (5 km)
- mushrooms in the autumn
- owner's hobby : beekeeper.
The owner can take you for a visit around the honey farm, and you can
even take part in the honey harvesting wich takes place every first
week of August.